Re: Backup and restore my server

Hy,

Sorry, we do not know your production enviroment exactly. So it will be
up to you to decide wich backup tool and strategy you use.
For more info please read http://www.mondorescue.org/about.shtml and the
man pages to decide. You will ALLWAYS test your software in an
experimental enviroment before go into productive state.

An example for how it CAN be used:
make an initial Image Backup, burn one or more CD/DVD images and install
on a new machine for testing. You can also combine this with a tar based
strategy and put it into cron jobs. You can also use a commercial
product maybe Linuxbased, maybe Windows based as standalone
Backup-Server. I think there are much more possibilites, but as i said:
you know your enviroment best, but I would try something out with mondo.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx