Re: email when user su's to root

/var/log/secure captures su both successful and failed both equally important ... but if you want an email you could set up a script to read the log and trigger on a keyword. Presumably you have tied down the people who have the ability to su to root (modifying PAM to use the wheel group)

hope this is useful,
Bill

Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues wrote:
You can do that using rsyslog or sec and a good regex.

[]s
Marcos