Re: Losing the Graphics on RedHat

On Feb 18, 2009, at 5:43 PM, <m.roth2006@xxxxxxx> <m.roth2006@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Margaret,

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:26:43 -0500
From: Margaret Doll <Margaret_Doll@xxxxxxxxx>

The graphics on our system was working yesterday.

Today when the system was rebooted, one can see the details of the
reboot including the Red screen showing the kernels installed on the
system.  However, when the gnome login screen should appear, we are
now only getting a dark blue screen.

Sounds like the X config file is screwed up. You can try playing around with the xconfigurator, or whatever xorg's got. xfree86 used to have one that would give you a graphical screen, and ask if it worked, and you could play with it to get what you want, but I haven't found the equivalent in xorg.

When you do get it right, back up the xorg.conf file....

xconfigurator is not in the  5.1, 5.3 distributions.

    mark