Losing the Graphics on RedHat

The graphics on our system was working yesterday.

Today when the system was rebooted, one can see the details of the reboot including the Red screen showing the kernels installed on the system. However, when the gnome login screen should appear, we are now only getting a dark blue screen.

We can run graphics programs across the network, but we cannot use our console.

We started the system up in single user mode, started all the daemons for a state 5
and then ran startx.

	avahi and hal fail.

	startx brings up the solid dark blue screen

	ddcprobe  does not find the monitor.

What should we try next?