Bram,

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:49:23 +0100
From: "Mertens, Bram" <mertensb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Probably a bit late for you but perhaps useful as a reference for
others/future occasions.

If I'm not mistaken switching to another console should solve this,
messages are by default logged to the first console.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. <alt-F2> start to log in, console logs. Ditto with *all* the others....

         mark