Re: FSCK Maintenance - no root password

I don't use software RAID, but I would probably want to do this in rescue mode off of disc 1. What RAID level are you using?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Jason Brown wrote:

When I tried booting it into single user mode the server would still go to
maintenance mode.  I was able to get at it another way by  passing
"init=/bin/bash" which got me to a command prompt.  Then remounted the drive
with rw since it was in ro mode, and then changed the password.  Now I have
it in maintenance mode again, I just need to figure out how to do an fsck on
a raid system.  When I try fsck /dev/md0 I got a bad super block error and
to run e2fsck -b 8192 which gives me the same error message.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.