view contents of lpd print queue

Hello:Â
I'm running Red Hat Enterprise 5, and have set up an lpd queue to aÂ
remote printer (a Canon iR 7086) Â Jobs are held in the queue on theÂ
printer until manually released and printed. ÂWhile the queue seems toÂ
be working - jobs show up there and print properly, I do not have anyÂ
visibility of the jobs in the queue. ÂThe command "lpstat -t" does notÂ
show any jobs, nor does "lpq". ÂThe only place I have found the jobsÂ
visible is through the CUPS web interface, where I can view them asÂ
completed jobs, although they have not been printed and are stillÂ
sitting in the queue. ÂMy users need visibility of the queue so theyÂ
can check the size/status of their print jobs before notifying theÂ
folks who actually control the queue and do the printing - theÂ
information available through CUPS shows different job numbers and isÂ
not sufficient for their purposes.Â

On the Solaris 8 server that the Linux box is replacing, the "lpstat -t"Â
command shows the contents of the queue - indeed, it now shows theÂ
jobs from the Linux server as well, so it is clearly getting the infoÂ
from the printer. ÂIs there a built-in Linux command that will do theÂ
same? ÂIs there a another package that will provide this visibilityÂ
from the Linux server?Â

Thanks for your help.Â

ThomÂ