Re: After recent upgrade, one printer not working

On Sep 16, 2008, at 12:32 PM, mark wrote:

Margaret Doll wrote:
I have the most  recent /etc/cups/cupsd.conf working with  my network
printers except for one.
gc-hp239, an HP 4250 dtn reports a status -3  when I send  jobs to it
from the host RedHat system. Jobs from Window computers going through
the RH server and directly from the RedHat system to gc-hp239  do not
print.

I don't have the driver for the 4250 installed on the RedHat system,
but previous to the update
I  was successfully using the driver for an HP 4100.
<snip>
Really dumb question: using the CUPS interface, have you started the printer?
For that matter, using the interface, can you print a test page?

If you can do the latter, you might want to look at the CUPS config on that box more closely - did the upgrade change that, and isn't letting it be seen/used
by other systems, only localhost?

	mark

By the CUPS interface, I am assuming that you mean the web page interface from the console.
I had started and  stopped the printer there.

I have physically rebooted the printer.

I have restarted cups several times.

I have looked at the printer's configuration using printtool. I don't see anything wrong there except that the driver is not an exact match up. The printer is an HP 4250. I am using the driver for an HP 4100. That has worked in the past.

I noticed that when I use the web page access to the printer and try to "Configure Printer" , I get the
messages "server-error-internal-error".

I have printed out the printer's configuration page. I see nothing wrong there. Macs and Windows
computers are printing to it across the network.  TCP/IP is ready.