Re: Keeping time on an air-gapped network

Here's the NTP web site, where you'll find info on setting up your own network time server. http://www.ntp.org/

We have an internal time server, but we do link to a Stratum 2 server through a TCP link. If you absolutely have to be air-gapped, and I think a .gov should, you could purchase a highly accurate chronograph that would server as your Stratum 2. You may need to reset that annually though.

Clark, Patti wrote:
How is anyone managing time on an air-gapped network?  Also, I am
looking to set up a RHEL server to be THE time server.  Suggestions on
how to set that up without an available external time service?  Is there
better reading material other than the man pages?

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information

--
veritatas simplex oratio est
        -Seneca

Andrew Bacchi