Re: cpu boot information

look in /proc/cpuinfo

you can also use dmidecode - if its not installed, it should be in the
kernel-utils rpm. it's also really handy for checking out hardware info.
you'll need to run it via sudo.

note that if hyperthreading is enabled (you'll see an 'ht' in the cpu flags
section), you'll see 2x the number of cpus, since enabling hyperthreading
makes a single cpu show up as 2 cpus under linux.

chet