ufs mount, won't mount

Hi everyone,
Once again I need your help. I'm trying to mount a solaris box to my RH5 box. This is what I get:

machine:/v
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on automount(pid4349),
      missing codepage or other error
      dmesg | tail  or so
or
machine/# mount /v
mount: home:/v failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

I looked in the message logs on both machines and I do not see any errors. This is what my /etc/fstab looks like:
/dev/sda2       /       xfs     defaults 1 1
/dev/sda1       swap    swap    defaults 0 0
#/dev/sdc1      /raid_old       xfs     defaults 0 0
/dev/sdb1       /raid1  xfs     defaults 0 0
proc    /proc   proc    defaults 0 0
sysfs   /sys    sysfs   noauto 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug       debugfs noauto 0 0
usbfs   /proc/bus/usb   usbfs   noauto 0 0
devpts  /dev/pts        devpts  mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy   auto    noauto,user,sync 0 0
home:/v         /v      nfs     defaults        0 0

where home is the machine I am trying to mount. I have also tried by changing the nfs to ufs. I need to do this tomorrow morning. I'm beginning to panic. Any help/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciate.
Thank you,
Paula

--
Paula J. Lindsay