RE: Shell hangs when using "screen" and "emacs"

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:

Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:12:07 +0100
From: Gerrard Geldenhuis <Gerrard.Geldenhuis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Shell hangs when using "screen" and "emacs"

Hmmm, difficult to debug. The best would be to have a key logger to see
what keystrokes you type and then work out what screen is actually
trying to do.

I like screen but it does not work well with bash in emacs mode using
the standard key bindings.

Try Ctrl+a " to get a list of windows if it freezes up again.

It could also be the bash session itself that freezes up. I know it can
do that but I can't for the life of me remember what the shortcut was to
freeze or unfreeze it.

Not a very helpful reply, I share your pain. :-)

Regards