question on x windows

Hi everyone,
I have a user who would like to connect to x windows on one of our linux servers. I'm not use to offering up x windows to any end users (I'm a command line guy) so I'm struggling with this a bit. I've installed x font server, daemon is running, and I installed xfce. Server is running at run level 5 right now. I'm not sure what ports I need to open on the firewall to allow them to connect to the server or what other config files that might be preventing them from displaying an x session on their desktop (they have a windows x server running on their machines). I know that x windows sessions are insecure, so I would also be in favor of forwarding the session over ssh, but I would like to know how to connect with and without ssh to the xfs server. Thanks for your help.

Aaron