Re: Revisiting an old topic: licensing/titlement and "redistribution"

Jon Stanley wrote:
.........but can I run no-longer-subscribed Red Hat Enterprise
instantiations or not?

I am not a lawyer, however I believe that you can - per direction from
RH legal at the Summit - but IF AND ONLY IF you have *no* currently
subscribed systems.  That is the barrier to not being bound to the
subscription agreement, which states 1 machine takes 1 entitlement.

Well, that makes sense, thanks you :-)

Now if Red Hat would only furnish a reasonable RHN interface where you could map orders to entitlements and entitlements to machines and synchronize the expiration dates (come on Red Hat).
But that's another story.

-- David