Re: Sudo & su

Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
A user with sudoer privileges is able to get root using "sudo su -". I find this extremely irritating. I prefer to keep access to root limited number of administrators in my organisation, but the applications running on the system require the application owners to be able to run root only commands. It seems this be a global behavior, I have seen it on RHEL, Fedora and AIX5.3. Is there a way to force the system to request for the root password? Or restrict 'sudo' users from using 'su'?

You can explicate a list of commands that a given user with sudo rights is allowed to use.

	mark