Re: CUPS & Choosing a Printer

We are in an academic setting, so that the printer has to be sturdy and networkable throughout several subnets to all types of computers through our RH print server. I have found that HP printers have been the best match for our situation in providing drivers for all of our computers.

We also have a campus contract with HP and techs on campus to handle hardware problems.

You do have to ask HP or look on their web pages to make sure that they have drivers for MacIntoshes. Their Color Laserjet 3500-3600 do not fit our requirements. This is not obvious from their web pages.