Re: apache and php strangeness

have you checked the logs to see why it is happening? You will get more information from the logs.

david

Johan Booysen wrote:
I have a strange problem that I haven't been able to solve:
We have 2 internal web sites (developed using PHP) running on a RHEL5 server. Each and every time, without fail, when the server is rebooted, you browse to those sites and get a 500 Internal Server Error message. The only way I've found that "fixes" it on the short term is to do: killall httpd
apachectl -k restart
A regular "service httpd restart" doesn't do the trick. Can anyone perhaps give me a clue as why this might be? It's not a huge problem and those sites aren't mission-critical, but it would be nice to know why I'm getting this behaviour. Thanks very much.