Re: dmesg entries and memtest

Johan Booysen wrote:
Can anyone maybe help me understand what the following means? I know it's something to do with memory, but can't find good information
on what is happening here.
<snip>
I've tried memtest but it seems to hang after running for about 45
minutes.  It tells me that it's done 10% and is on test 6 at that stage,
<snip>
Will really appreciate it if anyone can help me with advice on this.
The only thing I can think of is to remove memory chips and run memtest
on each one individually (if I know what to look out for in memtest, of
course - I find the memtest info on the Internet quite confusing at the
moment and need to figure this out as soon as possible).

That's exactly what you need to do. If memtest hangs, you've got a bad memory.

	mark