Re: What packages do I need to get tomcat5 running on Redhat5

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Ezra Taylor wrote:

              What packages do I need to install to get tomcat5 running on
Redhat 5.  Note, we are using yum to do the installs.  Also, where is the
Redhat docs for install tomcat5 on Redhat 5.  I'm able to do this from
source without a problem.

http://www.jpackage.org/

Jpackage is a Yum repository that provides all of the Java dependency
crap for Tomcat.  Use their Yum repo, and then installing Tomcat 5 is
as simple as:

yum -y install tomcat5

(You may have to install Sun Java, too; I can't recall ATM.)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University