Re: files with strange permissions and attribute

Ali, Saqib wrote:
This morning I noticed the following files on my RHEL 5.0 server:
?---------  ? ?      ?         ?            ? insert visio buttons.exe
My first guess is that the files are on a file system that doesn't support unix file permissions, like FAT. Do a "df -k <directory>" to get the name of the partition, and run "mount" to check what type of file system the OS thinks is mounted.

If the above is correct, we're left with a puzzle: Why would it change from previous days?
Alan

--
Alan Peery                | Wisdom consists of knowing when to avoid
Systems Integrator        | perfection.