Re: How do you get your RHEL CDs?

On 21/06/07, Furnish, Trever G <TGFurnish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone have a better solution for keeping CDs in house for the various
flavors of RHEL than just downloading them and burning them?  I need to
keep local media for disaster recovery, for several sites, and lately
it's become too much of a chore.

I HATE burning and labeling and testing CDs.  And lately we seem to be
in a transitional stage between 32-bit and 64-bit, between Intel and
AMD, and between RHEL versions [345].  With all the variations, this is
getting to be a problem, but Redhat wasn't very helpful when I asked how
I could just buy CDs to accompany my RHN subscriptions.  I checked a few
of the fedora media vendors, like CheapBytes, but so far haven't found
anyone providing RHEL on CD.

Yes, I'm aware I can get Centos from those vendors, but I have no
interest in Centos -- I'm paying for RHEL for a reason. :-)  And I'd be
happy to pay for CDs if I could find them or talk Redhat into selling
them.

--
Trever

Do you actually *need* them on CD? Or DVD for that matter?

Perhaps you can simply copy them to disk, mirror or copy them offsite,
and burn them only when you need them.

Kind regards,

Herta