Re: files with strange permissions and attribute

I would not be so hasty to replace HDD's based on smartd messages.  Many HW Raid controllers are not SMART compliant and will post erroneous messages.

also do the SMART message apply to a vmWare virtual machine?

If I see these messages in a virtual machine, does it mean the VMDK
has going bad or the physical HDDs on the physical machine are going
bad?

Thank you all.
saqib
http://www.linkedin.com/in/encryption