Re: Problem with vi editor

Try tail -f /var/log/trace.log

May be some kernel issue but i'm not sure...

On 4/17/07, Ravi R.S <raviraj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I have an C++ application running on my linux machine. This application
logs
all the information to a log file named trace.log. When I open this
trace.log with vi editor(redhat linux kernel 2.6) and save during when the
application is running and edit it, the application stops logging to the
file no more logs are logged into the trace.log file even the application
is
running. Why this behaviour?

But this is not the case in the Debian linux. Even after editing the log
file, it still continues to log after saving it.

Can somebody give pointers on this. Your comments will be appriciated.

Regds,
Rav
SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
-------------------------
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. In
case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must
not, directly or
indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this
message and you are
requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this
message are
those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained
in this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication
Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and
with due
authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the
spread of
viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any virus
transmitted by this email