Re: Detecting New SAN LUN in RHEL5

James Marcinek wrote:
Couldn't one just run kudzu and let it discover the devices?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Young" <Mike.Young@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 6:36:09 PM (GMT-0500) US/Eastern
Subject: RE: Detecting New SAN LUN in RHEL5

I'd like to rescan the fiber card rather than rebooting.  Since RHEL5 doesn't require you to load the drivers of the vendor, none of the tools (lun_scan, et al) are installed either.  There must be a way of detecting new LUNs without rebooting - everything else has been pretty automatic so far (card detection, activation, etc).