Win2k dieing on .exe from Samba

I have something weird happen between a Window2000 and a RHL7.2 SAMAB server.

It use to work fine until about three weeks ago, I blamed it on the WIndows2000 because I knew for a fact the drive was going out, however, I have recently replaced the hardrive (completely reloaded Win2k).

The problem:
I can access shared directories on the Samba server fine. I can read/write/browse/print. However, If I try to execute *any* .exe files from that Samba server Win2k just simply locks up. A few clicks more and it is completely frozen. However, I have three more Samba server on other systems (All RHL7.2) and they do fine. I can double the .exe files and they execute fine.

Now the really strange thing ..... it only acts this way on this one particular Samba server, and only on this one Win2k machine. Things are okay on the WinXP laptop.

I have tried to compare setups between these systems but I haven't detected any differences.

Any ideas?

--
Robert