Re: Increasing the maximum length of the argument list.

inode0 wrote:

>> Third, and the reason I joined this list, is there any way to increase
>> the limit on the size of the argument list. I need an especially long
>> list for etags, and the program doesn't create a correct TAGS file when
>> I pipe the files list through xargs, at least, not one that emacs can
>> handle.
>
> Piping the filenames into etags on stdin is the usual way around this
> problem I think.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/Create-Tags-Table.html

suggests what I suggested - piping the filenames into etags to get
around this issue.

That works great. Thanks very much for the help.

Glenn

John

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Glenn Meyer                         Principal Engineer
office: (650)604-1491 or -3281      PerotSystems
fax:    (650)604-3729               NASA Ames Research Center  (MS 262-4)
grmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX