Re: Redhat DNS Settings

I am currently trying to change the DNS machines that my redhat machine
looks at. I need to find out if there is anything else i need to edit other
than the /etc/resolv.conf file. Also how to do i apply these settings
without rebooting the machine.

No reboots are required to activate these settings. You might want to restart any service that does DNS lookups just to be safe, although I imagine it depends mostly on the service. Also, if this machine uses DHCP, you want to make sure that there is not a statement reading "PEERDNS=YES" in any of your interfaces.

HTH,
Barry