Re: RHEL3 missing library

<rant>

I just upgraded my workstation yesterday from RH 8 to RHAS 4, a job I've been meaning to do for the past 3 years. After getting tons of stuff set up the way they were on my old version, I tried installing Firefox, not the rpm, but the tar.gz from Mozilla. It complained about not finding libstdc++.so.5.

Now I checked the versions, and I show libstdc++ 6.0.3 installed, but Firefox is looking for an OLDER gcc library. Umm, a little coordination needs to be arranged between the software guys. And YES that is what we are paying RH to do.

I've had no problem on any of my many AS 3 or AS 4 servers, but when I want to run a desktop my simple workstation barfs. RedHat needs to do better, else slip down to MS level.

</rant>

mark wrote: