Re: VPN

On 12/22/06, Waleed Harbi <waleed.harbi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if you recompile the kernel you will lost Red Hat licence , but you can
update it from RHN via your account.

Double check with Red Hat support for this item before you do it.

Say what?  Can you provide more information or this (or a URL with
more information)?  I've compiled "custom" kernels on RHEL machines
and not had any adverse affects.  I do have a satellite server that my
servers update with, however, if that makes a difference.

Or are you saying that Red Hat will not offer support if you're not
using one of their kernels?

Thanks,
-j

--