Re: DNS Issues after setting up a WAN?

On 12/21/06, Georges I. Carraha <CarrahaG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a strong suspicion that the problem has nothing to do with the IP
configuration of the client PCs but has more to do with the way I have
set up the DNS server on the Linux server.   I believe that my
"named.conf" file and/or my DNS tables may have problems with its
configuration in the way it handles DNS requests over different subnets.

Unless you've explicitly set up view (BIND 9.0+) it should respond
exactly the same.  I wonder, though, if you have your reverse DNS
zones properly set up on the DNS server?

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN
http://www.linuxwiz.net/