Re: ftp from Red Hat AS 4.4 to Open VMS System

Thanks to everyone who responded. When you do an ls or dir on a remote host, it creates a "new" connection back to the server, so it is not persistent. It appears to be grabbing a random port in the 53*** area.

Is there syntax in iptables to allow all ports from a host over port 1024?

I also had to issue the *passive* command once connected before I could run an ls or dir.

Thanks
-Troy