Re: Console Login Issue

On 12/1/06, Troy Knabe <knabe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > # I was attempting to configure it so that I would see boot time
> > information, but this did not work, so if anyone has any ideas
> here that
> > would be great too.
>
> What boot information are you talking about here? The BIOS boot
> information? That would be something you may need to set in the
> BIOS I
> believe. The bits we are doing here don't come into play until after
> some of that is finished.

I would like to see the OS messages as the system boots. Currently after
the OS part starts to boot the screen just freezes until it is done, and then
I get a console login prompt.

I also remove rhgb from the kernel line to show the normally inhibited
startup messages. I'm not sure why you wouldn't see the services
starting either way though.

John