Increasing ip_conntrack_max

My messages log is full of ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet

ip_conntrack_max is set at 65536

The server is running Redhat Enterprise 4 release 4 and fully updated.  It has 2 GB of memory and uses 1 GB in production.

It has 4 interfaces and is used a router and a firewall with iptables.

What is the limit on ip_conntrack_max?  Can I increase it more?  How can I resolve teh problem of the table being full?

Thanks,

Jay

--
This message has been scanned for viruses
and dangerous content by the