Upgrade 8 to 9

I want to upgrade all my systems from 8 (Psyche) to the latest most supported version, but I've had two problems (bugs actually) in Red Hat 8 and I'd like to know that they've been CORRECTED in later versions.

The first problem is the launching of applications. After the system is booted and initialized, all the applications from the menus (Nautilus and Gnome) run fine. But at some point later (days later) the menu functions simply won't launch -- for example, you can navigate TO "Users and Groups" but when you click on it, it won't launch. Nautilus or Gnome, same problem. Same with network settings, etc. A reboot clears this. I've never seen documentation ON this problem, so I have no idea if it's been fixed.

The second problem is, in my opinion, a HEINOUS omission or bug in the kernel, one that someone should die over:

standard input is closed: Value too large for defined data type

The Linux kernel (at least in 8.0 Psyche) will allow an application such as CPIO to CREATE an archive larger than the kernel can READ BACK. No if's and's but's about this one - this is a CRIMINAL error on someone's part. If even ONE person on this planet ever lost data because the kernel refused to open a file that the kernel made, then Torvalds himself should be made to go there and manually key in all of the user's lost data.
HAS THIS PROBLEM BEEN FIXED?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.