RHEW4 slow login

We have just installed RHEW4 on a new system and are experiencing slow logins. At the login prompt, the user keys in their account name, and the password prompt immediately displays. After they key in their password, there is a 6 second delay before the logon completes. We did not have this problem with the RHEW3 system that we replaced. Can anyone tell us what causes this delay and how to fix it?

Thanks
BDavis