Re: Installing perl-suid

vipin sagar wrote:
What was the exact message ya were receivin....??

how about going with perl -MCPAN -e shell :)
before starting off..FIRST do the MCPAN update itself...

I used to work like this but having to actively watch updates to ensure that things depending on perl being on the system would still work happily when they decided that perl needed an update which overwrote the CPAN installed version of perl which invariably gets installed as a dependency somewhere down the track.

Destroying your package management to install something that is available via the packaging system seems a little.. odd.

--
Steve.

Finally...
Is your SELinux  Active | Warn | Diasble ?

On 5/19/06, Steve Phillips <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roger wrote:
> Can anyone please help me out. I am trying to install qmail, i have
> installed everything but when i run the qmail-scanner, its gives me an
> error. Now as i understand it, i am supposed to have perl-suid running
> in order for the qmail-send to run properly. I have perl version 5.8.8**
> or something like that. How then do i get to install perl-suid.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

The OS type/information would be markedly handy here as would qualifying
what perl version you _actually_ have

[root@wibble steve]# rpm -q perl
perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4

if you are running perl that is bundled with redhat (assuming you are
running RHEL[34] you only need to type "up2date perl-suidperl", if not
then good luck.

--
Steve.