Re: awk scripts problem after upgrade from RHEL-2.1 to RHEL-4

Jack Challen wrote:
Ben Russo wrote:
<snip>
and it would give you a list of files in the directories that are listed in /u/apps/utilities/idxpath that contain the date string in the range given.

any ideas?

ls /u/apps/utilities/idxpath | grep -e $(seq -s ' -e ' 060501 060510)

where the final two numbers represent the start and end dates respectively. It wouldn't be too hard to script with "expr" so that it evaluated your relative dates...

jack

True, there are a thousand easy ways to skin that cat.
The real reason I am asking is that it seems wierd that a simple shell script that calls an AWK script would break after upgrading from RHEL-2.1 to RHEL-4.
I thought maybe people knew what the problem might be.
And I wasn't so concerned about this simple AWK script as I was
that maybe the *cause* of this problem could break other things on the
server that I am not yet aware of.

-Ben.