RHEL3: Driver disk in 'linux rescue'

Hello,

I need your assistance on how to reinstall grub on SATA disks in RAID1 array.

After several hours of search I couldn't find any helpful information on using driver diskette in 'linux rescue' mode. I take it for dumb that that installation CD prompts for a driver disk only in 'linux expert' and 'linux dd' and both seem to be used for installation only.

I have Adaptec RAID controller in HP Proliant DL320 G3. The drivers for RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 are on the two places ready: 1. installed directly in the system in initrd and 2. on a driver diskette. However, I no longer can use 'linux rescue' mode, because the mode does not want to prompt me for a driver diskette and without the raid driver the disks are invisible and cannot be found and mounted.

Is there any trick on how to make the installation CD ask for the driver diskette and jump to command prompt to chroot and grub-install?

Any documentation on it is either missing or could not find it after several hours of desperate search. Please, help me.

Regards,

Martin.