Re: limiting CPU access per user

A wrapper script that takes what is to be executed, check it out and then dplace it to a certain CPU(s) comes to mind. Since dplace can also maintain a global count of all active tasks in each CPU that should not be a problem for you to check out what happens at your end.

If it's not going to be a wrapper script, then that could form part of your queue system scripts. We handle this issue by placing the dplace arguments in our PBS scripts.

Maybe someone has a more straightforward solution, but this is what we do.

George B. Magklaras

Senior Computer Systems Engineer/UNIX Systems Administrator
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo,
University of Oslo
http://www.biotek.uio.no/

EMBnet Norway: http://www.biotek.uio.no/EMBNET/