Re: SW for Failover system

2006/5/5, Padiyath Sreekumaran <kumar.padiyath@xxxxxx>:

Hello,

Hi

  Perhaps Iam at wrong FAQ list. I have 2 machines, say, a server and a
slave machine.If server goes down because of some reasons slave should
comes in operation.Has any one got experience with such a configuration?
Is there any SW available?(preferred free one if possible). Is there any
docs available on the net? We need such configurations for our different
servers(webserver, database server etc.)

You can start with:

http://www.linux-ha.org/  (HeartBeat Project for your requeriments)

And, of course, the cluster solutions from RHEL:

http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/cluster

Cheers.