Re: How to choose services to run at startup

nilesh vaghela wrote:
you can put startup commands in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local
something like
service squid restart

so when ever you boot the linux it will run the command script what evet is
there in rc.local

Not everything in rc9.d is used/run, right? Where is the
script file for services to run at startup (something like rc.local) but not additional ones like in rc.local?

rc.sysinit is little difficult for me to really understand cause i'm not a bash expert.

How do you know what command you can put in rc.local?