Re: NIS and automounted home directories

Lunt, Nick wrote:
I agree Im going to test share a SAN LUN to the 2 NIS servers (I want to keep the NFS home exports and the NIS services on the same machines really). If that doesn't work out too well I'll investigate RedHats GFS.

What are you going to do the clustered filesystem with before investigating RedHat's GFS? You'll need some sort of clustered fs at least; otherwise you'll almost certainly end up with all kinds of fs corruption.

jack