Re: scp copy between linux server has stopped in between and the server is not responding.

Do you have auditd running? If so, it will shut down interactive connections (including ssh and scp) when /var is over 80% full. Reboot into single user mode and turn off auditd (or get a bigger /var).

   Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
   University of Saskatchewan

unix syzadmin wrote:
Hi,

scp copy between linux servershas stopped and the server is not responding.
I had to restart the server into which I was copying the files.  How do I
find the root cause.  Please suggest.

I had initiated a scp recursive copy of around 75GB from a linux server of
one office to another. The servers are running RHEL AS3 and RHEL AS4
respectively.
We have a link of 8Mbps between the two offices.  I initiated the copy on
friday evening, expecting it to complete over the weekend.

Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-