Re: ifconfig command shows only loopback device.

-------- Original

nice..........

in /etc/modprobe.conf add an entry like this...

      alias eth0 e1000

otherwise in /etc/rc.local file include the following line .....

      modprobe e1000

Regards
Krishna

unix syzadmin wrote:

Thanks Krishna. It worked.

after running modprobe e1000 ifconfig returns eth0. I confired eth0
for IP address and could connect to the network.

However after reboot, ifconfig -a does not show eth0.  How do I
configure for e1000 network module to be loaded at every boot?.
Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-