Re: OpenLDAP + User Authentication

On Jan 30, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Ryan Golhar wrote:
What I'd like to do is have my machines attempt to authenticate a user
from my LDAP, and if the user doesn't exist, have the LDAP refer to the
other dept's LDAP server.  Is this possible with LDAP?  If so, can

yes it possible buut not advisable.

why not just run one ldap server with two trees.

or even better yet, import his ldap tree into yours.

i would not know how to tell ssh try this and if not try that, this wouuld cause a considerable delay in many services.

start the right way from the begining,

next thing you know each dept will have their own ldap server, and then what.