From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Velez
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 1:50 PM
To: 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'
Subject: RE: /etc/issue

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Coleman, Kelley (HAC)
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 3:21 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: /etc/issue

Is there a way to have changes made to the /etc/issue file active without rebooting the server? I've added a smattering of text per ISO

request that I need to prove works, but can't reboot the system for several days. It doesn't seem to just show up, so I figure a restart of some service might make it happen. Any thoughts?

Kelley Coleman
Database Administrator
VA Health Administration Center
Denver, Colorado
303-331-7521-o

Updating /etc/issue should not require a reboot (I've tested this on my
RHEL4 and it still works).
This may be a silly question but have you tried just hitting return to
get a new login prompt message?

Michael