samba that works on RedHat 3 doesn't work on RedHat 4

I recently upgraded my server from a RedHat 3 on a Dell Precision 410 to
							  RedHat 4 on a Dell Optiplex GX 620
I moved all the samba configuration files from one system to the other.

The old system worked as a domain master across several subnets with the use of local samba masters on each of the outlying subnets.

The new system cannot be seen as a master on the outlying subnets. When I try to look at the workgroup on an outlying subnet, I get that the workgroup "is not accessible."

I have iptables set up on the new server to allow access from the 137, 138 and 139 ports on the new server.