RE: [OT?] Firewall problems

Bill -

I don't advocate using reverse-lookups as a criteria for dropping packets.  Based on my experience with looking log files, there are "good people" with faulty DNS lookups, and also "bad people" with valid DNS lookups.

Use the firewall to only allow access to the services that you're providing, and then use a filter to restrict packets based on content.