Interconnecting Exchnage and postfix

hi!

As I mentioned before, I will move 50 users from the exchange to postfix (in the same domain, example.com). The plan looks like this:

Primary server on example.com domain is Exchange 2k. I need to setup postfix server as secondary server in the same domain for this users. For the users student1@xxxxxxxxxxx thru student50@xxxxxxxxxxx mail needs to be delivered on postfix server, so they can access email via IMAP and squirrelmail. The million dollars question is: How to accomplish this?

Here is what i think it would work fine:

Configure postfix server to host example.com domain and also to host virtual domain named example2.com. On the Exchange server create mail aliases for this users, so that student1@xxxxxxxxxxx also has alias for student1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Configure Exchange so that when mail for student1@xxxxxxxxxxx arrives, send it to student1@xxxxxxxxxxxx domain (the postfix server). Postfix receives mail for this user. Configure Exchange to be a relay server for postfix. Done.

Is there any better way to accomplish this?

Any suggestions for improvement are also very welcome. Does anyone have experiences with this scenario? Any useful URL's maybe?

--
Anze Vidmar <anzevi@xxxxxxxxx>