Re: Serving LexMark color printers through samba

On Friday, December 2, 2005, at 08:39 AM, Margaret_Doll wrote:

On Friday, December 2, 2005, at 03:30 AM, Count Of Dracula wrote:

We have even used a raw queue on the server and downloaded the
LexMark
print drivers to the Windows computers.

Any ideas?

--

I have! But it would help us to help you if you post snippet of
smb.conf file. Are you sure you have read first chapter of Samba 3 By

Regards,

Dracula

These are sections of the smb.conf. As I said we are having no problems
printing to HP printers from Windows XP.   The Windows XP computers do
send the jobs to the cups queue on the RH print server: the pages are just
hung and never print.

##      Changes for cups
        load printers = yes
        printing = cups
        printcap name = /etc/printcap

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        guest ok = Yes
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = no

I have a lot entries in error_log and page_log indicating that computers
are sending to the LexMark queue.

I have a lot of entried in the logwatch report  showing connection to
the HP printers such as the entry below:

smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(648) gc-computername (128.nnn.nnn.nnn) connect to service gc-hpprinter initially as user account (uid=xxx, gid=xxx) (pid 19605) : 3 Time(s)